[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2016 Website Redesign

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Apr 18 18:37:03 EDT 2016

Hi

On 18 April 2016 at 15:04, Juan Carlos Murillo <jcmurillot63 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In addition to Sugar Labs main webpage, Wiki, Planet, and the Translation
> webpages, which other websites do you think will need to be redesigned?

I would prioritize/order them as: homepage, activities.sugarlabs.org, wiki,
lists, planet, translations, bugs

Which Sugar Lab’s logo color is going to be adopted: orange, green or blue?

As I understand it - might be wrong - there isn't a single colour; the
brand guidelines specify that a range of colors are used in a consistent
pattern, and the brand identity is in the pattern.

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Logo

However, I think if there was to be one color, it would be the bright green
ones (to match the bright green of the XOs)

What color schemes would you prefer to use on Sugar Lab’s websites?

I think it would be good to use a material design scheme, with a the grey
scheme as primary, and the light green scheme as secondary.

> The current websites have a wide variety of color schemes; a same color
> scheme on all websites may look nicer.

I agree

> Do you prefer a particular CMS? WordPress? Drupal? Joomla?

I think the existing CMS for each site are fine:

homepage, jeykll (https://github.com/sugarlabs/www-sugarlabs)

activities.sugarlabs.org, mozilla addons

wiki, mediawiki

lists, mailman2

planet, planet

translations, pootle