[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2016 Website Redesign

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 18 17:48:12 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 02:04:19PM -0500, Juan Carlos Murillo wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> I hope you are doing well.

Fine thanks!

> I applied for the GSoC 2016 to work on the redesign of the Sugar Lab’s
> websites. I would like to have your opinions on the following
> questions.

A question not asked, for perhaps it is obvious, is who is the
intended audience for each web site.

> In addition to Sugar Labs main webpage, Wiki, Planet, and the
> Translation webpages, which other websites do you think will need to
> be redesigned?

You might ask systems@ for a list of virtual hosts.

Some may benefit from style changes, if consistency of style is
critical;

	help.sugarlabs.org
	socialhelp.sugarlabs.org
	developer.sugarlabs.org

There is old information about Sugar on wiki.laptop.org.  If you need
an account to remove or redirect on wiki.laptop.org, contact me.

> Which Sugar Lab’s logo color is going to be adopted: orange, green
> or blue?

I don't think it matters.

> What color schemes would you prefer to use on Sugar Lab’s websites?
> The current websites have a wide variety of color schemes; a same
> color scheme on all websites may look nicer.

I don't think it matters.

> Do you prefer a particular CMS? WordPress? Drupal? Joomla?

No.  Something with git integration would be helpful so that
developers can link Sugar source code changes with changes to web
sites.  Otherwise a change might be made in only one place, leading to
inconsistency.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/