[Sugar-devel] Sugar-Server enhancement

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Fri Apr 15 22:05:33 EDT 2016

> On April 15, 2016 at 6:56 PM Manash Raja <mpdmanash at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> @Jerry,
> I haven't modified anything for this feature on the server side. I found
> that it uses both idmgr and xs-authserver. But the 5000 port is used by
> xs-authserver to display a list of registered laptops. I didn't enable it
> myself, it was there. All I did was to setup my server according to the
> instructions and enabled the "XO register" feature from the admin page.

I'm concerned with backwards compatibility, the original 'schoolserver'(XS)
based on CentOS-6 doesn't offer the xs-authserver service, hence why I
mentioned it. I would not want to break a deployment where the older server
version is used.

> @Tony,
> Can you tell me how ownCloud is supported by XSCE? I saw it in the
> services
> ready to be enabled. So can we not move the storage location of
> /library/user/<some_id> inside or account based user directories to the
> cloud storage locations.
>
> Thanks

The ownCloud service is not enabled out of the box, same as the
'xo-services'. You can enable it and play around, figure out how and where
the users' data is stored. Either idmgr or ownCloud could be altered to
suit the need. Here it would be safe to rely on xs-authserver's information
as there is no existing implementation of owncloud in previous releases of
the server software. I can help push the server-side PR's through.

Jerry