[Sugar-devel] Sugar Developer Group

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:50:07 EDT 2016

Undoubtedly we will not get enough slots from Google to cover all of the
projects [1] proposed for Google Summer of Code 2016. We should know the
exact numbers in a week or so and thus be able to point your group towards
the projects not assigned to interns.

regards.

-walter

[1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Ishan Sharma <ishan28mkip at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am from BITS Pilani, India. I have contributed for sugar labs in past,
> currently I am developing a better version of turtle blocks 3D JS.
>
> Me and some other enthusiasts from BITS Pilani(We love the idea of
> creating educational applications) have created a group in which students
> help each other in contributing to open source organizations. Having prior
> experience in Sugar Labs I thought about working on some Sugar Labs
> projects this summer.
>
> We are planning on bug fixes and individual contributions but we were also
> thinking of taking up two projects, one in python and one in JavaScript for
> this summer.
>
> Can someone from the community guide us as to which projects to work on?
>
> *Why we want to do this?*
> Like most developers, we also feel strongly for open source but in online
> communities we found that setting up face to face meetings to help each
> other out were difficult. So we thought why not create our own small
> community which is part of the bigger open source community.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Ishan Sharma
> JavaScript Developer

Walter Bender