[Sugar-devel] The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Apr 8 16:12:47 EDT 2016

On 7 April 2016 at 21:43, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 1 April 2016 at 01:24, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> In Haiti XO-1s will be dominant across many schools for years and year to
>> come.  Similar to Tony's description, but these typically will be using
>> 32GB SD cards -- thankfully these are incredibly affordable.
>>

> What is the typical price the XO-1 units you are prepping for Haiti? Cost
> of postage + 32Gb SD card + repair (volunteered labor?) + distribution to
> Haiti?

The reason I ask is that it seems to me that sugar labs ought to be
offering XO-4s in batches of a million *cough cough* 20+, so that if a
group wants to become a nano-deployment, it is straightforward to do so,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1-Click#Patent be damned ;)

"It's An Education Project (not a laptop project!)", it says, but maybe it
should say "It's An Education Project (and get yer edutech laptops that
work here!)" ;)