[Sugar-devel] The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Apr 8 05:45:59 EDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net>
wrote:

> Dave,
>
> This is an example of how powerful our community could be. Naturally, we
> would need to nail down this price - Amazon quotes about $10 each. There
> has been a lot of discussion in the community on the viability of sd cards
> from different manufacturers. With a little effort we may be able to give
> the Rwanda REB team some valuable advice on this topic.

Later this year we will certainly demonstrate our XO-1 successes in Haiti
to the Rwandan govt as necessary; thank you Tony for keeping the most
meaningful channels open.

Yes they will laugh us out of the room when they hear how low 32GB+XO
capital costs really are -- then the trick will be reinvesting these
priceless funds into Human Capital With A Purpose:

- robotics class pros
- actionist librarians
- maker project lesson planners engaging STEAM teachers can truly run with
after the demo
- teachers who take Student Journalism / Environmental Realism into the
streets like http://orangestreetnews.com
- TLC = Technology Learning Coordinators *of all kind...*

Tony