[Sugar-devel] Samson's proposal to SLOBs

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Tue Apr 5 23:42:38 EDT 2016

Hi Samson,

> Thank you very much Laura for the help you've giving me about my project
> in Nigeria. Also i also grateful to Walter and Chris for their support too.
> I have been really down last week(Sick) but i am getting on my feet now. So
> i did update the proposal to reduce the prices for the languages. here are
> the links to the excel
> https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A02A6B155E984772!452&authkey=!AE8LFLFOt_Zhi04&ithint=file%2cods
> Then the origin document which is attached to this mail.

Hope you are feeling better!

We actually have to thank you for giving us the opportunity to coordinate
our efforts in order to serve the best interest of indigenous
languages/communities in your side of planet earth.

I notice you cut aprox 50% of the System Server Support Fees to reduce the
total cost. I am not sure if it is viable to get such service for less than
US$50/week.

If you really want to reduce costs, you may think in an alternative
strategy for coaching translators in Pootle and Sugar to optimize those
items.

Also as much i will like to wait till the translation manager, I intend to
> do this project starting from April so that i can be done before my 2 SAT
> tests. So i would like if SLOBs can vote via email waiting to the next
> meeting will do me no good. This is a favour i am asking from SLOBs.

You might start translating yourself if you have the will and enough
resources. Try to include a Project presentation page with the basic
description of the project (language history/community, field objectives,
constrains) and include your time constraint and if/how it would affect the
feasibility of the project itself.

About presenting the documents formally to get your proposal appoved by
SLOBs, I strongly suggest to wait for Tim and Sora's notes and
recommendations.

Best regards,

Laura Victoria

--