[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Save as feature

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Tue Apr 5 04:06:43 EDT 2016

Walter added a modal dialog to require a description of a file at close.
This really has nothing to do with save as. Sugar has always saved
unconditionally. Changing the name in the activity toolbar is intended
to give a user-supplied name. This can also be done after the save by
changing the object name in the Journal activity. The modal dialog was
dropped as too intrusive.

The 'bug' is that when activity.py (in Sugar) is launched with a handle
(resumed), that Journal object becomes the activity's object. This means
with an unconditional save, that that object will overwrite the object
with which the activity was launched.

Tony