[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Save as feature

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon Apr 4 20:46:49 EDT 2016

Sadly, I am in a rush so haven't had a chance to follow this discussion
in detail.

An important point is that a user gives a name to a document by changing
the text in the activity part of the toolbar. This can be done at any
time. If this
is done, the document should be save automatically as now. The alert
should only be needed if the name is still 'Write activity'. The save
occurs via the activity-supplied 'write_file' method. This can be
executed by the activity at any time. It is automatically executed when
the host activity receives a 'quit' signal.

If we have more than one way to skin the cat, we should clearly have a
setting to allow a deployment to decide on its own protocol.

Tony