[Sugar-devel] Election status?

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 06:00:34 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Dan Tenason <dan.tenason at mail.ru> wrote:
> Is anything happening on the election front?
>
> The last public comment was the first week of July. It seemed there was much
> stuff to do. So much stuff that the earliest possible date to hold an
> election would be in November, 4 month later. Here we are 2.5 months later
> and not a single public indicator of progress.

The last public discussion was at the September SLOB meeting
(http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2015-09-14).

> A cynical person might think that there is the same amount of substance
> behind the oversight board as there is behind the statement that three
> million students use Sugar activities daily.

A person who attended the meeting or read the minutes rather than make
groundless speculations might think that the oversight board is
concerned that the election committee is failing to meet its deadlines
and consequently appointed a liaison to expedite the process. A person
who attended the meeting or read the minutes would also note that
progress in being made on the new website and feedback has been
requested.

regards.

-walter

> --