[Sugar-devel] Bug 1240354 - SoaS live x86_64 20150706 does not login from live system user

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 16:41:58 EDT 2015

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Jerry Vonau <me at jvonau.ca> wrote:

> > On September 5, 2015 at 10:21 AM Martin Abente
> > <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 7:01 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> >
> > > So to briefly restate.
> > >
> > > Problem: Sugar does not start on F23.
> > >
> > > Diagnosis: the shared library libsugarext.so.0 cannot be loaded,
> > > because of a missing symbol, yet the symbol can be found with
> > > strings(1).
> > >
> > > Workaround #1: use F22 packages.
> > >
> > > Workaround #2: use Martin's packages which were a rebuild of
> > > sugar-toolkit-gtk3 with .spec file change
> > >
> > >         %undefine _hardened_build
> > >

> > Yes, and both workarounds have in common that sugar-toolkit-gtk3 is built
> > without _hardened_build (by default on fc22 and explicitly on my modified
> > fc23 package).
> >

> > > As this was a Fedora change, I think we need some advice on
> > > compatibility with Fedora build hardening.
>
> In any hardened builds build.log I can see
>
> libtool: link: gcc -o /builddir/build/BUILD/sugar-toolkit-gtk3-0.106.0
> -pthread
> <snipped for email>
> g-ir-scanner: SugarExt: warning: 2 warnings suppressed (use --warn-all to
> see them)
> /usr/bin/g-ir-compiler --includedir=../../src/sugar3/event-controller
> --includedir=. SugarExt-1.0.gir -o SugarExt-1.0.typelib
>
> Any idea on how to supply --warn-all to the g-ir-scanner call? This warning
> is absent from non-hardened builds.

I do see that warning in all builds, regardless if hardened or not [1].

Anyway, one way to do what you want is to "copy" the original CFLAGS, add
the flag, and re-export it before you build sugar-toolkit-gtk3 (e.g using
rpmbuild directly).

Refs:
[1]
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/0.104.1/1.fc22/data/logs/x86_64/build.log