[Sugar-devel] Bug 1240354 - SoaS live x86_64 20150706 does not login from live system user

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 05:50:35 EDT 2015

On 4 Sep 2015 00:22, "Martin Abente" <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 6:43 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> The errors complain of missing symbols;
>>
>> - sugar_event_controller_get_state
>>
>> - acme_volume_alsa_new
>>
>> Which were both added after 0.98.
>>
>> On my F18 test systems, the package sugar-toolkit-0.98 brings in a
>> _sugarext.so file in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/ which
>> does not have these symbols.
>>
>> If this file were being used instead, then the outcome may be as
>> reported.
>>
>> Is the package present?
>

> No, is not present. Also, that does not explain why the same 106 packages
work perfectly fine on fc23 when are built for fc22, while they fail when
built for fc23.

> As you mentioned in a previous reply, the only difference in build time I
also noticed, looking at the logs, is
the -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld' flag. which is passed to
all gir-* (gobject introspection) calls.

Yes, it's a well advertised feature of F-23, but we're not the first distro
to enable it and unless there's dodgy stuff going on in sugar it should
cause no issues.

Peter