[Sugar-devel] Bug 1240354 - SoaS live x86_64 20150706 does not login from live system user

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 15:27:01 EDT 2015

>> > Hello everyone,
>> >
>> > I rebuilt 0.106.0 packages from fc23 source rpms, for fc22 x86_64.
>>
>> So did I using my copr account, what a great tool to build rpms with,
>> perhaps SL should go back to using it.[1] Easy for testers to enable with
>> dnf.
>>
>> > It works
>> > fine, so it definitely not something with Sugar. It makes sense since
>> > nothing changed in SugarExt.
>> >
>> > Now, this might be something with fc23, but is it on build time or run
>> > time? Ideas? Maybe something related to gobject instrospection?
>> >

>> Runtime in F23, otherwise the F23 rpm would not been built.
>

> Not necessarily, e.g. there could be something wrong happening while
> generating the gobject introspection files. Something wrong in the sense
> that the content is not generated "properly", and does not necessarily
> triggers a "compilation error".
>
> In fact, I think this might be the case: I installed the 0.106.0 packages I
> built for fc22 on a fresh fc23 system and sugar works fine.
>
> Ideas? I suspect on the gobject introspection bindings generation, but can't
> think of what exactly it could be.

I don't have the time, or really the knowledge, to sort this out but
we freeze next Tuesday and I really need someone to pretty much sort
this out by then else we'll have issues with beta and it'll cause me
stress.

The latest test beta is link is below.

Peter

https://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/23_Beta_TC1/Live/x86_64/Fedora-Live-SoaS-x86_64-23_Beta-TC1.iso