[Sugar-devel] dbus exception

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Sep 2 04:27:01 EDT 2015

Another problem. The Quiz activity crashes in various ways. On some
occasions, it completes normally.
The log shows no error messages. However, it reports in some cases
terminated with  signal 6 or signal 11.

Using try, I was able to narrow it down to a datastore.get. The
exception is 'dbus.exceptions.DBusException'>,
DBusException('Did not receive a reply, ...).

I assume the lack of error messages relates to the same
problem, the error occurs in a different process.

I have also seen an isolated (preceded and followed by unrelated
messages from the activity) message in the log:

Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation fault

In this case, the log reported a signal 6.

Tony