[Sugar-devel] Sugar-install-bundle in 13.2.5 is slooow

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 15:04:57 EDT 2015

Hi Tony,
This is a consequence of the issue pointed a few mails before in this
thread:
this tool is running in a separated process to Sugar.
That in part explain the slowness. We are discussing ways to make this
process
notify to Sugar about the activity installed, making the process itself
lighter.

Gonzalo

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

> Hi, Gonzalo
>
> I am learning a lot about debugging Sugar that may be useful going
> forward. I tried enabling logging as below. However, I am not sure which
> log you are
> referring to. The only stdout was notice that the bundle was installed.
> Strangely, I did not get the normal unzip list of files. I also didn't get
> the normal
> mimetype excluded message. The Log activity log for the shell and Terminal
> activity does not show any relevant output.
>
> Tony
>
> On 08/31/2015 08:53 PM, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
>
>> If you can enable logging (remove the comment in the line
>> SUGAR_LOGGER_LEVEL
>> in the file /home/olpc/.sugar/default/debug)
>> And install one of the activities without unset the SUGAR_PROFILE env
>> variable,
>> and send the log, maybe we can understand better what is happening.

Gonzalo Odiard