[Sugar-devel] [Announcing] sugar and sugar-toolkit-gtk3 v0.106.1 (bug fixes release)

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Tue Sep 1 07:35:43 EDT 2015

> On September 1, 2015 at 2:30 AM James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 01:32:17PM -0600, German Ruiz - FundacionZT
> wrote:
> > Thank you Martin
> >
> > Here is the repo for 0.106.1 :)
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~german/rpms/sugar/
>
> Thanks.
>
> I've tested these briefly and pushed to our dropbox for updates to our
> Fedora 18 builds, so any users of 13.2.5 can do "yum update sugar*" in
> Terminal.
>
> (There is an irritating problem with XO-1 and XO-1.5 where the Fedora
> 18 i386 repository is unknown to the mirror selector ... which is
> nothing to do with end of life, as other end of life releases are not
> affected, nor are XO-1.75 and XO-4 ... a workaround is to move the
> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora* files out of the way or avoid the selector
> before trying the update.  It does not affect olpc-os-builder.)

Why make the end users deal with broken repos. The issue could be avoided
at the olpc-os-builder level by changing the repo definitions away from
using mirrorlist to url, pointing Fedora to:
https://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/18/Everything/i386/os

updates to:
https://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/18/Everything/i386/os

Jerry