[Sugar-devel] Issue setting up sugar-labs dev-env

Tummala Dhanvi dhanvicse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:21:15 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Sam P. <sam at sam.today> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are you running behind a proxy?
>
> What did the pip debug log say?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam
>
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2015, 9:24 PM vinay khandelwal <vinaypoll at yahoo.co.in>
> wrote:
>
>> I was trying to setup the developer environment following instructions
>> from https://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html . However
>> when i do ./osbuild pull the following error comes up :-
>>
>> = Setup the host build system =
>>
>> * Create the python virtualenv
>> * Install python packages
>>   Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
>>   Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement plog==0.16
>> (from osbuild==0.33)
>> No distributions at all found for plog==0.16 (from osbuild==0.33)
>> Storing debug log for failure in /tmp/tmpsi4eBE
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "./osbuild", line 488, in <module>
>>     if not main():
>>   File "./osbuild", line 467, in main
>>     if not setup(options.command):
>>   File "./osbuild", line 305, in setup
>>     raise e
>> subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command
>> '['/home/mayukuse/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-host/install/bin/pip',
>> '-q', 'install', 'git+https://github.com/dnarvaez/osbuild', 'git+
>> https://github.com/dnarvaez/broot']' returned non-zero exit status 1
>>
>> ​In my experience this doesn't work if you are under some proxy or if you
are under restricted internet (firewall) or if you are under a WiFi which
needs you to install their custom certificates.

>> I am running this on UBUNTU 15.04 .
>>
> ​Developers here use Fedora, but the process should work on any Linux
distribution.

Try doing it in a Fedora VM  it takes very less time to build even in a VM ​

​PS: Attach the pip debug log which will help the developers to identify a
issue if it exists ​

Regards
Tummala Dhanvi

https://www.dhanvi.org
"Only thing that can never be 'RE-CYCLED' is 'WASTED TIME' ".