[Sugar-devel] congrats James & All for imminent Release 13.2.6!

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 10:36:00 EST 2015

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> Hopefully OLPC's download.laptop.org will come back to life later this
> wkd possibly?  So all can try this on the classic 4 XO laptops:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.6
>
> While OLPC Release 13.2.6 has technically been released today according to
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Releases, in anticipation of James Cameron's
> formal announcement in coming days, can Gonzalo and Martin Abente provide a
> bit of supportive context around the stability of "unstable" 0.107
> (included in 13.2.6) vs "stable" 0.108 expected Feb 1st 2016, to calm
> deployments' worst fears?

Sugar goes through a development process with different stages [1], 0.107.0
is a release during the stage where we haven't yet freeze features, API,
strings etc, and these could still change before the final 0.108 release.

Doesn't means it is "unstable" in terms of quality of software, but, of
course, the quality will be improved in each following release until the
final 0.108.0 release.

>From my POV, the more ways of testing these releases until the final 0.108
the better and at the same time each deployment has the freedom to decide
if that release is good enough for them.

Martin.

Refs:
[1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.108/Roadmap