[Sugar-devel] Bundlebuilder and mime-type related files

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue May 26 04:41:08 EDT 2015

Quoting James Cameron (2015-05-26 10:03:00)
> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 08:49:41AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Quoting Martin Abente (2015-05-25 20:21:55)
>>> So basically, there are 2 problems.
>>>
>>> 1. symlinks creation during ./setup.py --install (for installing the
>>> mimetypes.xml file .svg icons for mime types declared in
>>> activity.info)  and,
>>> 2. the execution of update-mime-database (which generates the
>>> database files).
>>
>> I agree with 1. but have not yet experienced 2. myself.
>>
>> I would appreciate if you could provide steps to reproduce 2. on
>> Debian, so that I can help investigate.
>
> I've a system tracking Debian Stretch on which 2 can be reproduced,
> using the Memorize-35 activity:
>
> a.  git clone
> git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/sugar-memorize-activity.git
>
> b.  edit /usr/bin/update-mime-database to show evidence of activation,
> and print arguments, by adding a line:
>
>     echo "$0 $*"
>
> c.  ./setup.py install
>
> In this context, outside of dpkg-buildpackage, the argument to
> update-mime-database is /root/.local/share/mime, and is set in
> activitybundle.py in python-sugar3 package.
>
> Hope that helps.

That is helpful, yes: I thought the problem was MIME database files
ending up inside the package, but I do see now how the
update-mime-database call generates those database files in XDG paths.

 - Jonas