[Sugar-devel] Docker in Sugar/XO laptop

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Sat May 23 12:51:19 EDT 2015

The place that docker would have is distribute Sugar to use in other linux
distributions.
If Docker is a supported container architecture in more environments,
have a Sugar image could be useful.
But not in the context of small devices like the XO,
and not to use Docker as a tool for the kids.
I think is good have someone new in the community, and with expertise in
the platform
exploring the possibilities.

Gonzalo

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 5:11 AM, <tkkang at nurturingasia.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback. Just that I have been testing other people web
> applications (and saving me time) with docker that I feel perhaps a kid
> with an XO can do the same and learn something with lighter weight
> virtualization.
>
> Hope some developer can take up Sam's and your recommendation of Flask.
>
> Cheers

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning