[Sugar-devel] SOAS Fedora 22 Final Release: Collaboration in Activities

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu May 21 01:56:58 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 05:39:35AM +0000, tkkang at nurturingasia.com wrote:
> Indeed this will be an issue if we give the release web a new face
> and people start trying things out (a few perhaps) in initial
> testing.

Actually, no, it won't be an issue, because those people will ignore
the collaboration features; they are very difficult to discover, and
they won't have been prepared to expect them.  They will assume that
Browse and web sites give them all the collaboration functionality
they need.

The only activity on the release page that really requires
collaboration to work is the Chat activity.  All the others can be
used alone.

So rather than reflecting badly on Sugar, such people will blame Chat
for not working.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/