[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [Marketing] New Fedora Spins Site

Iain Brown Douglas iain at browndouglas.plus.com
Wed May 20 05:33:33 EDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 11:39 -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Iain, Sean, Sam,
>

> _Please_consolidate_the_changes_before_send_to_Peter_.

Thanks, Gonzalo, is good advice.

My apologies to the other contributors, Sam, Walter and Sean for
clouding their perfectly useful work.

The text that I have called the "Walter/Sam contribution" is on this
thread.

Sean's "improved" text reads:

#-#

Sugar on a Stick is a Fedora-based operating system featuring the
award-winning Sugar Learning Platform and designed to fit on an ordinary
USB thumbdrive ("stick").

Sugar sets aside the traditional "office-desktop" metaphor, presenting a
child-friendly simple graphical environment. Sugar automatically saves
the child's progress to a "Journal" on your stick, so teachers and
parents can easily pull up "all collaborative web browsing sessions done
in the past week" or "papers written with Daniel and Sarah in the last
24 hours" with a simple query rather than memorizing complex file/folder
structures. Applications in Sugar are known as Activities, some of which
are described below.

It is now deployable for the cost of a stick rather than a laptop;
students can take their Sugar on a Stick thumbdrive to any machine - at
school, at home, at a library or community center - and boot their
customized computing environment without touching the host machine's
hard disk or existing system at all.

#-#

I feel that this is the limit of my ability to achieve consensus.

I have a plain text copy of the above two elements plus Sean's
proof_reading_corrections, if it is required.

Iain