[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [Marketing] New Fedora Spins Site

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue May 19 07:01:51 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 5:58 AM, Iain Brown Douglas
<iain at browndouglas.plus.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Sean, for the careful proof reading.
>
> Fair copy attached.
>
> I originally included the section "Multimedia", as it is the set of
> Activities in http://spins.stg.fedoraproject.org/en/soas/
> but not in the Walter/Sam contribution.
>
> I think it is the weakest section. Chat jars a bit on the page, as
> "Chat" is used in the "Spins page template" to refer to IRC.
>
> My memory is that Jukebox is not part of the core set (due to non-free
> components?).

You're memory is wrong! It uses gstreamer and there a number of free
codecs that come as standard. Maybe you could download SoaS 22 and
actually test it and see what's there!

> Perhaps the section Multimedia as it stands should be deleted.

Not going to happen. This isn't time for bikeshedding, it's time for
tweaking the content as it stands.