[Sugar-devel] Palette Animations
godiard at sugarlabs.org
Tue May 12 08:47:41 EDT 2015
I would not invest work in improving the palette animations for the
* Right now, we have two different palettes implementations. The old, based
used only when we need submenus (Journal, Clipboard) and the new.
Was proposed remove the old implementation 
* The palette code is a nightmare, and now Gtk have the popovers,
that provide a similar functionality 
* There are a lot of bugs related to palettes 
* Popovers will implement animations 
* We can remove a lot of code. Remove code is better than write code :)
If I had free cpu cycles, I would invest in research if is possible theme
Gtk popovers to look as our palettes, and if there are any limitation
than could be a blocker.
On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 5:23 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> G'day Sam,
> I'm fine with that as long as the animations can be configured off for
> old hardware.
> I think the official video was artistic work, not an implementation.
> James Cameron
> Sugar-devel mailing list
> Sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
SugarLabs - Software for children learning
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel