[Sugar-devel] [UKids] Re: [IAEP] Announcing OLPC OS 13.2.4 for XO-1

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 11 20:41:33 EDT 2015

I've set Reply-to sugar-devel at .

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:19:56AM +0000, tkkang at nurturingasia.com wrote:
> When I try to use the sugar-install-bundle to install/add new
> activities (e.g. recall-4.xo) it stall at the end with the message:
>
> caution: excluded filename not matched: mimetype

The message is normal, but is not the cause of the hang.

I've reproduced this.  The hang lasts for a few minutes.

The hang is caused by code in Sugar that is continually trying to set
an inotify watch on /usr/local/share/sugar/activities

You can work around the problem by creating this directory:

	sudo mkdir /usr/local/share/sugar/activities

You would not have this problem if you had used olpc-os-builder, which
is the method recommended and tested by OLPC.

@Sam, any ideas?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/