[Sugar-devel] Subject: Activities maintainership

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri May 8 02:15:28 EDT 2015

I doubt anyone has the time to go through ASLO and determine which
activity repositories are still hosted at Sugarlabs or which activities
do not support Pootle. It would be nice to have these added to the list.

I assume that the division of activities into Sucrose, etc. has some
official meaning. I had thought those were associated with Activity
Central. Is there some process for deciding which category to place an
activity, e.g. ones included in a signed release?

Some of the documentation also needs updating. For example, the Browse
activity web page is given in ASLO as http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Browse.
This page directs you to
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4024 as the home page.
This page describes 129.1 (an Xulrunner version). The 'source code' link
takes you to http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/browse. The pootle page
links 'Web'  (not Browse) to
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/Web/. This pages shows the
translation status of the Browse activity. The wiki does not link to the
github repository which is https://github.com/sugarlabs/browse-activity.
A Google search for a github project 'Web' returns
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web; however a search for github
browse activity returns the correct link.

Tony