[Sugar-devel] Browse version using Webkit2

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 4 17:52:57 EDT 2015

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 10:40:48AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> I finally could make  yum update, and yes Browse works,
> do not corrupt the fonts in the toolbar and do not crash.

Oh, good, I'm glad my results are reproducible.

> Would be nice have a testing image with all he updates to get more
> testing.  Looks like there are a lot of interested people.

Agreed, there seem to be three of them.

But I'm working with frozen repositories, so I would like to make a
minimal change.

I have used strace to find that 153 packages are used by Browse
starting up and reproducing the font corruption.  Slightly smaller
than the 209 packages that yum update applies.

The method of using strace:

strace -e open -f -o strace sugar-launch org.laptop.WebActivity
grep -v ENOENT strace | grep 'open(' | cut -f2 -d'"' | sort | uniq > files
(for x in $(<files); do ([ -e $x ] && rpm -qf $x); done) | \
    grep -v 'is not owned' | sort | uniq > packages

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/