[Sugar-devel] GSoC projects

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:39:38 EDT 2015

We need to do everything possible to reduce Sugar's installation and
unfamiliarity barriers. Not everyone speaks English and can find and
configure the Sugar control panel on their first encounter with Sugar. A
keyboard mismatched with what appears on the screen merely gives the
impression it doesn't work right. VM hosts could have a number of different
keyboards - for example I have a Macbook with French locale Azerty layout
 (flipped numbers row, common accents) and a Dell education netbook with
Belgium locale keyboard. Look at the Firefox "Systems & Languages" download
matrix (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/), for a Sugar VM with
bundled installer an interested teacher or journalist would just need to
choose the appropriate download.

I feel the huge sizes of these images would be more of a problem, but not
much we can do there.

Sean