[Sugar-devel] Git Backend Architecture | GSoC'15

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Fri Mar 20 08:54:04 EDT 2015

You can find useful a experiment done by Martin Abente a time
ago "FakeCloud: a silly and quick attempt to define a generic structure for
web-service-basedJournal storage"

sugar branch: https://github.com/tchx84/sugar/tree/fakecloud
sugar-fakecloud extension: https://github.com/tchx84/sugar-fakecloud

He can provide more information. (cced)

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Shaifali Agrawal <
agrawalshaifali09 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Shaifali Agrawal <
> agrawalshaifali09 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For the first part I did sturdy research, I have wrote create, read,
>> update, delete functions in shell script to work as git based backend. But
>> for the project I will need to code same in Python and Javascript, that can
>> be achieved via libraries like libgit2 js-git. Under the hod git is a
>> key-value store and for generating key(sha or hash-objects) it generates a
>> checksum of the content of file plus a header. So this can be achieved in
>> Python and Javascript.
>>
>> Links to above mentioned libraries : libgit2
> <https://libgit2.github.com/>, js-git
> <https://github.com/creationix/js-git>

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning