[Sugar-devel] GSoC projects

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Thu Mar 19 11:11:08 EDT 2015

Hi Iain.

IMHO you'd need to flesh it out some more, the simple conditional you
spec'd out should take an afternoon to code. You need to think of
something that will fit a 5000 US$ developing stipend and/or if you
prefer, a summer's work.

By the way, I am under the impression this is a problem with some GSOC
ideas.

Not saying we should expect major move forward in Sugar from a 3 months
internship. But perhaps you could envision a more complete solution
related to Sugar on a Stick's need (Fedora / Trisquel / future variants).

I find that many people find it hard to burn a USB stick or CD, download
the correct image (heck I don't know where to look). Perhaps a simple
multiplatform disk burner based on unetbootin or suse's imagewriter, or
written from scratch would be really cool, something that will look up
and present the options in SOAS, etc.

This sounds to me like a more complete project but perhaps I'm too
ambitious.

Regards,
Sebastian

El 19/03/15 a las 09:38, Iain Brown Douglas escibió: