[Sugar-devel] GSoC project on "Interactive JavaScript Shell"

Manraj Grover manrajsinghgrover at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 00:46:37 EDT 2015

Sir/Ma'am

I am Manraj Singh Grover, currently in 3rd year, B.E., Netaji Subhas
Institute Of Technology, Delhi University. I am interested in Interactive
JavaScript Shell project of SugarLabs and would like to work on the same
for my GSoC project. I have good knowledge of JavaScript and Python and
have worked on Open Source projects of my own as well as contributed to
organizations like Mozilla and jQuery.

I would like to know more about this project as the description given in
wiki ideas page is quite brief (
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2015). What I can understand
from the description is a shell needs to be developed which can run
JavaScript code only. It means it is an interactive JavaScript tutorial
tool, right? We won't require it for other languages? And by offline, one
means only front end interaction and no requirement of LocalHost? Please
provide more information for the same.

I have the development environment setup and would like to get my hands
dirty with the code by fixing some bugs as well. Please help me point to
some good first bugs.

Regards,
Manraj Singh Grover
Secretary, IEEE NSIT