[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2015 Project

Sam P. sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 05:18:56 EST 2015

G'day Anish,

Just a quick explanation of these projects.  They are all based around
existing activities (apps) available for sugar.  These activities are
written in python, so can only run in sugar and not on the web.  The tasks
are all about making a HTML5 version of these activities.

I would recommend setting up a development environment [1] and then
downloading the activities you mentioned:

    Physics:  https://activities-2.sugarlabs.org/view/org.laptop.physics
    Turtle 3D:
https://activities-2.sugarlabs.org/view/org.laptop.TurtleArtActivity3D
    Basic activities:  You can use the search box... hopefully it doesn't
break between now and when you get the email :)
https://activities-2.sugarlabs.org/

Also, about turtle3D, it would be interesting trying to keep it compatible
with XO.  The XO does not support OpenGL and has no hope for WebGL.  Could
you get compatibility for those environments?

Thanks,
Sam

[1] http://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html