[Sugar-devel] libflashplayer.so and WebCam issue

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jun 10 00:44:33 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 10:48:32AM -0300, Gustavo Duarte wrote:
> 1) The camera is siv121c
> 2) Doing the gst-launch tests, both cases works like you mention
> 3) Record Activity work fine.
> 4) Fedora version is F20
> 5) Kernel version is 3.5.7_xo4-20150205.0332.olpc.8a4cfb6

Good data, thanks.

> So if i understood well, my problem is, flashplugin is expected RBG
> video but the driver is giving YUV video signal, is something like
> that ?

Yes.

> Is there some fix or workaround for this ?

I hope so.

Please test this kernel:

http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f20-xo4/kernel-3.5.7_xo4-20150610.0359.olpc.97336f6.armv7hl.rpm

Please also do a side by side test between two laptops, showing the
same scene for the camera.

In this new kernel the siv121c driver has been changed to support RGB
format.  Both gst-launch test cases work properly without green pixel
corrupt data.

The source code changes are in the arm-3.5 branch of the olpc-kernel
git repository:

http://dev.laptop.org/git/olpc-kernel/log/?h=arm-3.5

(Kernels for XO-1.75 and XO-1 are to follow, for where the camera is
used as a spare part.  The camera is not compatible with XO-1.5.)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/