[Sugar-devel] Tuxmath

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jun 3 07:24:47 EDT 2015

Tony,

The web activities issue is because we need do

export SUGAR_USE_WEBKIT1=yes

at the start of the session (in F18 images).
We had that in 0.102 images, but I missed send the patch upstream.

About testing 0.104 or 0.106, the point is you will be alone again working
in 0.104.
If you find a problem, we will not solve it, because we already moved to
0.106.
And is not that we don't want maintain old versions, but really we can't.

0.105 images are already better than the 0.104 images, have a lot of fixes,
and will get more. Testing only can help.

About TuxMath. Is time to kill it. I am sure any of our students can write
a version using only python and then we can replace it.
How to help? Write a wiki page with a detailed description of how works,
how are defined every level of equations, and what levels are really needed.

Also, for math training, you can use Domino activity.

Gonzalo

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 6:13 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 09:38:36AM +0200, Tony Anderson wrote:
> > In the meantme, I plan to test with Sugar 0.104. I expect there will
> > be enough problems with moving from 0.98 to 0.104 to keep me
> > busy. The move from 0.104 to 0.106 would be a second phase. I hope
> > to automate some of this process so it will be quicker in the move
> > to 0.106.
>
> Thanks, but 0.104 has been out for almost four months, 0.106 is
> closing fast, with a clear schedule.
>
> You're excluding yourself from the process.
>
> Martin, German, and I have made it as easy as possible to test.
>
> Hopefully other people will test Sugar 0.106 against the needs of
> deployments.
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning