[Sugar-devel] Tuxmath

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Jun 3 03:26:38 EDT 2015

On 06/03/2015 08:07 AM, James Cameron wrote:
>> The original idea in Sugar was that activities needed to satisfy any
>> >software dependencies not supplied by Sugar. The tuxmath-2.xo met
>> >that requirement up to 0.94.
> Yes.  So what you are looking for is someone to fix TuxMath on Fedora
> 18, and then package it in the same way as before, as a TuxMath-4.xo.
I think that is exactly what is needed. I am unwilling to accept that
the body of Sugar activities on ASLO are to be trashed because
they are not in the NAND build. No XO has enough storage for all of the
activities to be pre-installed. However, users should be able to install
activities
as needed.

As for the person, I expect it will be someone in the community who
volunteers to take it on.

My mental model is that the build has three parts: Fedora base, Gnome,
and Sugar. Sugar supports the Sugar activities in the same way Gnome
supports audacity
(with the exception of the 'unerasable' activities which are part of
Sugar). It may be simpler to install the tuxmath dependencies in the
Fedora base than include them in the bundle.