[Sugar-devel] [Systems] Error on trac reading a bug #4863

Sam P. sam at sam.today
Tue Jul 28 06:52:56 EDT 2015

Hi Bernie,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 2:12 PM Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:

> 1. We need monitoring for containers health with notifications when
> parameters go off thresholds. Similar to what Munin does.

I'm not sure how that would help us.  A container running out of resources
doesn't crash - parsoid runs almost using all the allocated memory and
parsoid+trac+others hit their cpu quotas sometimes and just keep running.

Maybe it would be more useful to monitor client metrics, like can we reach
the service over http?

> 2. Containers should autorestart if they crash for any reason (with the
> usual measures to deal with services which crash repeatedly).

That is a feature built into docker.  I've enabled it in container.yml (as
a global default) and restarted trac with the new parameters.

Thanks,
Sam