[Sugar-devel] license of layout.py in Sugar Calculate activity

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jul 27 11:07:43 EDT 2015

I din't _changed_ the license, just made explicit in the file the license
used in the activity.
Didn't asked to anybody. Feel free to start a research and ask to everybody
of who contributed,
if you don't trust in my judgment.
If anybody of them do not agree (and I am _pretty_sure_ that will not be
the case)
I will remove the code if needed.

Gonzalo

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> Quoting Gonzalo Odiard (2015-07-27 15:02:05)
> > I already added license to layout.py
> >
> > https://github.com/godiard/sugarlabs-calculate/commit/
> > 95302e66919ac89338a7a91575f9002dadb9218c
> >
> > Aneesh is not the copyright holder, he only contributed and added his
> name:
> >
> > https://github.com/godiard/sugarlabs-calculate/commit/
> > e088b4a0cfbbe6fe7eab2c4ccf8e8b2f98553206
>
> Uhm, above URLs proves - if anything - that indeed Aneesh a) did
> contribute code to that file and b) explicitly stated copyright claim
> for that contribution.
>
> Others may have written other parts - majority parts even - which makes
> them _also_ copyright holders.  *All* copyright holders should be
> consulted when granting/changing licensing terms for a work.
>
> Who did you consult, leading to the change in licensing that you did?
>

> Kind regards,
>
>  - Jonas
>
> --
>  * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
>  * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
>
>  [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software [for | by] children learning