[Sugar-devel] Error vte3 olpc-osbuilder

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jan 23 22:52:10 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:44:08PM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> The context is: Alejandro is trying to build a image based in F18
> for xo-1.75, and olpc-os-builder show a error saying can't find vte3
> rpm.
>
> ERROR:root:Error creating Live CD : Failed to
> >                                 find package 'vte3' : No existe(n) paquete(s)
> >                                 disponible(s) para instalar

Package vte3 is requested by modules/sugar/kspkglist.50.sugar.inc

Package vte3 is present in
http://mock.laptop.org/cgit/koji.dist-f18-armv7hl-13.2.0/tree/RPMS/v

This error will happen if examples/f18-xo1.75.ini is used by mistake.

> I only copied a (older) configuration as a reference.

Thanks.

> James, do olpc have a mirror of the frozen fedora f18 repositories?

Yes, and the v7.0 branch of olpc-os-builder is properly set up to use
it.  Using examples/olpc-os-13.2.1-xo1.75.ini file.

Hope the original poster is using that branch and file?

> I don't know what is the politic of fedora mirrors in general,
> but F18 is not maintained anymore.

Yes, that's why we have frozen repository.  ;-)

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OS_Builder#Usage says to use
examples/olpc-os-13.2.1-xo1.75.ini file.

I've removed the f18-*.ini files now.

http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/commit/?h=v7.0&id=8538aa09b4d2258a82010371e52a62ec4b649030

--
James Cameron