[Sugar-devel] SugarLabs.org new website - looking for opinions/ideas!

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Feb 27 18:30:28 EST 2015

Same test XO-1 laptop, same URLs, without clearing cache.

http://sugarlabs.org/~tymon/ ... load and render 35.343 seconds,
(previously 31 seconds),

http://sugarlabs.org/ ... load and render 6.064 seconds, (previously
5 seconds),

http://sugarlabs.org/~tymon/ ... render only, 14.080 seconds,
(previously 14 seconds).

http://sugarlabs.org/ ... render only, 4.400 seconds, (previously 3.6
seconds),

My conclusion is that there has been no change to load and render
since last test on the XO-1.

Perhaps the video embedding element is the cause?

Provide a page with and without the video embedding element for
comparison?

Three seconds on a modern system is still a surprisingly long time
compared to the original site.  This is a regression.  Can't you
include those separate files into the main file?

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/