[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] 2016-2018 Oversight Board

Dan Tenason dan.tenason at mail.ru
Tue Dec 29 14:01:35 EST 2015

>Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:59 PM +08:00 from Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org>:

>Hello everybody / Hola a todos
>
>Hope all the holiday wishes come with many blessings for the big Sugar family.
>
>2015 was a great year, many exciting releases! I would like to congratulate and thank you all.
>
>I'm glad we have enthusiastic candidates for the upcoming elections.  It surely is of our best interest to have good quality software in the hands and heads of our little ones, therefore I believe during the  2016-2018 period SL should center it's energy on QUALITY.
>Quality of process, functionalities, documentation,etc.
>
>So talking about Quality, one of the first things I would like to underline is that there currently is a deep organizational conflict since there is an Executive Director also serving as an Oversight Board member. I believe this situation is unhealthy and must be avoided if possible.
How does Mr Bender having two roles causes quality problems for Sugar and Sugar Labs? How would Mr Bender's absence from the Board while retaining the title of Executive Directory improve the situation for the various stakeholders?

This is effectively a statement of no confidence in Mr. Bender's Leadership. Until one has the data to support the proposal, it is going to to be hard to make such an emotionally charged change. There is a reason the board is colloquially know as "Friends of Walter."

Dan