[Sugar-devel] Current status of collaboration work

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Dec 26 05:41:27 EST 2015

Quoting Tony Anderson (2015-12-26 15:31:16)
> Thanks. That sounds like enough to get me going. Sadly, this also
> means porting to gtk3 but it will need to be done anyway.

Thanks - a hassle indeed, but urgently needed not only for
collaboration:

  * GStreamer 0.10 (tied to GTK+ 2.x) is deprecated since some years
    and is now dropped from Debian (and no doubt will be soon from
    any other distro that haven't done that move already long ago).
  * Systems with small diskspace (e.g. XO-1) can free 200-300MB by
    avoiding GTK+ 2.x altogether.

So if either a) your activity uses GStreamer and you care about having
it running on new operating systems, or b) you care about old hardware,
then you already need to migrate to GTK+ 3.x.

Regards,

 - Jonas