[Sugar-devel] Spell checker, Grammar checker for Write

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Sun Aug 30 07:30:13 EDT 2015

Hi Sam,

> On August 30, 2015 at 2:46 AM "Sam P." <sam at sam.today> wrote:
>

> Hi Lionel,
>
> I think it is an abiword config thing.  On my Fedora laptop, both abiword
> and Write Activity have a spell checker.  I don't think you need a
> plugin.

In this case perhaps a dictionary needs to be installed for the language in
use. There was a wiki page somewhere about that, just don't recall where.

You can not make that "it is just a config thing" assumption when it comes
to Fedora on "something else" versus "XO's" where some of the rpm packages
have been altered[1][2].

You are on the right path when checking the .spec file in the src.rpm for
patches that are applied versus patches in the src.rpm that is available in
Fedora proper just to see what can differ. Think there was some speed issue
involved or was it some clipboard issue with other rpm patched for gtk3 at
the time.

Jerry

1. http://mock.laptop.org/cgit/local.13.2.5/tree/SRPMS
2. http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/