[Sugar-devel] Sugar-install-bundle in 13.2.5 is slooow

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Sat Aug 29 07:42:04 EDT 2015

Hi Tony,

I brought concerns about that change, with regards to OSbuilder but I guess
that change is slowing down the console now. Have you tried TinyCore[1]
that would boot without setting having SUGAR_PROFILE. I've used TinyCore to
install activities in the past, checkout XO.custom in the source code. Not
sure what effect changing SUGAR_PROFILE might have while sugar is running
but maybe booting to whatever they call runlevel 3(without the gui) might
be an alternative. You'd have to mount the usbkey by hand, but that should
work.

Hope that helps,

Jerry

1. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tiny_Core_Linux