[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Flappy Birds-1

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Aug 29 06:05:33 EDT 2015

Heh.  No, not dismissive.

I made a thorough review and yet the code in git hasn't changed, and
no new release.

Makes me look silly, that's all.  ;-)  What was I thinking to spend so
much time on it before checking if review could be used?

I'm okay with over-the-wall development, where no review is wanted,
but I am also willing to make constructive comments ... but if the
developer isn't able to use them perhaps I should keep quiet.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 01:09:18AM -0300, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn wrote:

> dismissive? I don't think that was my tone..
>
> I add the developer to the discussion..
>
> ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
> From: sam at sam.today
> Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 03:47:01 +0000
> To: alanjas at hotmail.com; quozl at laptop.org; sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Flappy Birds-1
>
> Quoting Quozl:
>
> Installed on Sugar 0.104 on an OLPC XO-4.  Tested.  Works well.  There
> are a few things that I'd want to fix before I added it to a
> deployment build:
>
> a.  the activity icon is coloured, it should be in the style of other
> activity icons instead, so that the Sugar user colours can be applied,
>
> b.  the game does not scale to the size of the screen, see attached
> screenshot,
>
> c.  the animation seems a bit slow, it could be 50% faster,
>
> d.  the scissors could open and close a bit faster,
>
> e.  the touchscreen doesn't work for selecting a scissor cut,
>
> f.  slipping with a cut, such that the cursor is on the home icon when
> the mouse is released, caused the home icon to trigger; the home icon
> should only trigger if both a mouse button down _and_ mouse button up
> event are seen within the icon borders.
>
> g.  resuming the activity from the Journal did not resume the same
> game state.
>
> > Download Now:
> > [1]http://activities.sugarlabs.org/downloads/file/29076/
> buttons_and_scissors-1.xo
>
> Is this in git anywhere?
>
> The source code is set out in a wide screen editor; it would be easier
> to read if it was laid out for 80 columns.
>
> The source code would benefit from pep8 and re-indentation, and
> removal of blank lines.
>
> There's a file in fonts/ ... is the license for this font compatible
> with the license for the activity?
>
> ======
>
> You then replied
>
> Yes, the game needs more work, but for first version, it's good.
>
> The git repo is: [2]https[3]://[4]github.com[5]/[6]iamutkarshtiwari[7]/[8]
> Buttons-[9]and-Scissors
>
> ======
>
> To me, that does come across as dismissive - which seems to have been why Quozl
> hasn't given comments on flappy birds.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam
>
> On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 1:36 pm Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <[10]alanjas at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Wich problems do you have with Buttons and Scissors?
>
>     > Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 08:47:49 +1000
>     > From: [11]quozl at laptop.org
>     > To: [12]sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
>     > Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Flappy Birds-1
>
>     >
>     > Reviewed code and tested on XO-4 with Sugar 0.104.1, but as there was
>     > no response from the developer to my previous post on Buttons and
>     > Scissors, I don't think it is worth making any observations here.
> [...]

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/