[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Flappy Birds-1

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 29 00:09:18 EDT 2015

dismissive? I don't think that was my tone..
I add the developer to the discussion..

From: sam at sam.today
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 03:47:01 +0000
To: alanjas at hotmail.com; quozl at laptop.org; sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Flappy Birds-1

Quoting Quozl:
Installed on Sugar 0.104 on an OLPC XO-4.  Tested.  Works well.  There

are a few things that I'd want to fix before I added it to a

deployment build:
a.  the activity icon is coloured, it should be in the style of other

activity icons instead, so that the Sugar user colours can be applied,
b.  the game does not scale to the size of the screen, see attached

screenshot,
c.  the animation seems a bit slow, it could be 50% faster,
d.  the scissors could open and close a bit faster,
e.  the touchscreen doesn't work for selecting a scissor cut,
f.  slipping with a cut, such that the cursor is on the home icon when

the mouse is released, caused the home icon to trigger; the home icon

should only trigger if both a mouse button down _and_ mouse button up

event are seen within the icon borders.
g.  resuming the activity from the Journal did not resume the same

game state.
> Download Now:

> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/downloads/file/29076/buttons_and_scissors-1.xo
Is this in git anywhere?
The source code is set out in a wide screen editor; it would be easier

to read if it was laid out for 80 columns.
The source code would benefit from pep8 and re-indentation, and

removal of blank lines.
There's a file in fonts/ ... is the license for this font compatible

with the license for the activity?
======
You then replied
Yes, the game needs more work, but for first version, it's good.
The git repo is: https://github.com/iamutkarshtiwari/Buttons-and-Scissors
======
To me, that does come across as dismissive - which seems to have been why Quozl hasn't given comments on flappy birds.
Thanks,

Sam

Wich problems do you have with Buttons and Scissors?

Sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org