[Sugar-devel] Language Support

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Aug 12 06:55:25 EDT 2015

I was surprised and embarrassed yesterday trying to show how easy it is
to switch
languages. I was using a 13.2.5 image.

In previous versions, you go to settings and language and get a long
list of supported
languages. In 13.2.5, you get a statement: 'Add languages in the order
you prefer'.
So I clicked on + to add German. It added another row: English USA + -

In the press of the moment, I couldn't find any other language that
English USA.

However, today I found that the trick is to click on the button to the
left of the word English. This
opens the expected list. Click on German adds a line with dialects:
Austria, Belgium, Germany, ...

Unfortunately, the use of the word 'add' together with a '+' button at
least in my case led to confusion.

Tony