[Sugar-devel] XO Fedora 22 Beta work

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Apr 26 23:38:44 EDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 10:36:49PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 5:10 AM, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> > 14.1.0 has custom F20 systemd binaries, but I am having trouble
> > finding information as to why.  If they have relevant changes they
> > need to be ported to F22 if not already present because using the
> > F20 systemd binaries breaks all sorts of library dependencies.
>
> The reason is due to changes in firmware loading changes in the
> kernel and the fact the XO kernels haven't been rebased to something
> more modern than 3.0+

Yes.

In particular by model:

*  3.10 for XO-1,
*  3.10 for XO-1.5,
*  3.0 for XO-1.75, and;
*  3.5 for XO-4.

There have also been other new gotchas as Fedora has taken on new
features of newer kernels; like SO_REUSEPORT for Avahi.

At the moment, I've no plans to rebase; but I'm willing to adopt any
kernel trees that boot and run on the XO laptop models, and answer any
interesting questions from kernel developers trying a rebase.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/