[Sugar-devel] Fwd: First Jessie based Debian Edu beta release

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Apr 26 23:07:51 EDT 2015

Thanks for that.  The new release of Debian is great news.

Sebastian Silva forwarded:
> === Sugar desktop removed ===
>
> As the Sugar desktop was removed from Debian Jessie, it is also not
> available in Debian Edu jessie.

Martin and I have been working with Sugar packages for Debian Jessie
lately.  Excellent work by Jonas Smedegaard.  Although Sugar isn't in
the Jessie release it can be added quite easily.

A root cause of removal was lack of testing of Sugar on Debian Jessie
before release.  Once we began to test it, we found collaboration
couldn't work without Telepathy Gabble being downgraded, or a major
change to Sugar to use the new Telepathy Gabble.  Neither option was
compatible with Debian release engineering, the collaboration feature
was critical, so the packages were removed.

To keep up with Sugar on Debian development, please subscribe to the
new mailing list:

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/