[Sugar-devel] Development meeting, road to 106 #2

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Apr 12 18:35:22 EDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 06:11:25PM -0400, Martin Abente wrote:
> Thank you everyone for coming!
>
> For those who could not assist the logs are available here:
> http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2015-04-11T21:03:12.html

"#topic provisions for the testing team."
http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2015-04-11T21:03:12#i_2838924

"#action we should provide packages for german for XO4 fc20"
http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2015-04-11T21:03:12#i_2838976

Thanks for discussing that.

For the Fedora 20 builds of Sugar 0.104, my method has been to
download the Fedora 22 src.rpm and rebuild using mock on Fedora 20.

Mock doesn't work with the XO-4 kernel (never fully investigated), so
I use a BeagleBone Black or QEMU ARM.

Another method may be to clone the Fedora packaging repositories for
each source package, to review work done by Peter Robinson, and then
backport to Fedora 20.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/sugar.git/

On the other hand, it may be possible to circumvent the whole
packaging process by cloning Sugar git repositories and doing "make
install" during OS build.  I've not looked into that.  Disadvantage is
you can't use yum to update.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/