[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] The touchscreen gesture to bring up the Frame...

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Fri Apr 10 07:23:08 EDT 2015

> I understand the problem. Android solves it by reserving a piece of the
> screen. Perhaps we could do something like that: A hint to the user that
> there is a Frame to pull from above.

This was proposed, in particular use the top left and right corners,
that are free in the toolbars, but I can't find the bug where that was
discussed.
I think was not implemented because the Design Team didn't reach a
agreement about the implementation.
The left corner have the problem that we show notifications there,
but as they are temporaries may be is not so bad.

We could update the Welcome activity too to show the gesture,
something that Android also do (a one time tour) and of course
update the Help activity would be good.

Gonzalo

SugarLabs - Software for children learning